Up next in our week-long tour of my reader Cristi's home is her kitchen and breakfast area. I have been eating up every little inch of this space since I first laid eyes on it! Nothing is prettier than a white kitchen warmed up with beautiful hardwood flooring and colorful tiles. You may remember from yesterday that all the floor in the home was reclaimed from an old barn out east. Love that. Did you notice the closeup of the countertop? This company called Vetrazzo makes them out of recycled glass...you can even read words on some of the pieces. So much cooler than granite, don't you think??
The cabinets were all done by Benjamin Blackwelder, who actually made the kitchen so specifically to Cristi's height (she's only 5'0" tall) that the island was measured out by her standing on telephone books! The tile was all done by Greg's Tile Creations (you'll love what they did in the bathrooms too). Cristi and her designer Lindy Allen picked them out Contempo Tile.
What dream kitchen would be without its own perfect little breakfast nook?! Cristi and Jeff designed the area to be east-facing so it would get plenty of the morning sunlight. I just love those bold tufted chairs from 4-chairs.com! The "coco mirror" from West Elm is another one of Cristi's favorite things in the house - it's made out of bleached coconut shells!
Thanks to the homeowner Cristi and Jessi Safsten of Hiya Papaya for all these gorgeous images! I'll be back tomorrow with some really cool and super fun spaces from this home!
Here is source info as requested!
- Wallpaper on nook ceiling is Thibaut Parkland in Beige from Natural Resource
- Three bubbles light fixture above the sink is from Lamps Plus
- Three pendants fixture over dining table is from Lamps Plus
- Fabric on window treatments is from DwellStudio via The Shade Store
- -windows in the nook are done in Pyramid Jade
- -door treatment is done in vintage Plumes Jade
- The exact color of the Vetrazzo recycled glass countertops is Glass House
- Over-the-island schoolhouse pendants can be found at Bellacor (Thanks Kincaids!)
Love turquoise? Visit my shopping blog Everything Turquoise...updated several times throughout the day! Check out Decor by Color for even more color-themed shopping!