I'm beyond excited to share this spectacular home with you guys. Believe it or not, this space actually belongs to one of my readers. After years of saving design ideas in a folder, Cristi and her husband Jeff recently completed building their dream home in Lindon, Utah. They knew exactly what kind of home they wanted: light, beachy and airy. The couple has ties to Hawaii and wanted to incorporate that feel into their new home. And two years ago they took a trip out to the Hamptons (they won the trip on Price is Right! ha!) and fell in love with the homes out there. (There should really be a support group for us!) When it came time to finally build their new home, their aim was to fuse the Hawaiian beachy feel with the Hamptons waterfront classic architecture and design. I'm loving the results!
Their dream home took them a year and a half to complete from the design and concept stage to the certificate of occupancy. They selected award-winning Morgan Hatfield of Hatfield Homes to bring their vision to life. Cristi's husband Jeff actually did quite a bit of the architectural design while Cristi worked very closely with another award-winner, talented interior designer Lindy Allen of Four Chairs Furniture. She was able to perfectly implement all of those fabulous ideas Cristi had been saving for so long. (In fact, it's an honor to know a lot of her inspiration actually came from reading House of Turquoise!) Building their new home was a labor of love for them and it truly is "their baby"!
Cristi may not be a designer, but it should come as no surprise that she does indeed have an artistic background. She's not only musical, but is also a photographer by profession. (She and Jessi Safsten of Hiya Papaya took all these amazing images above!) Check out their website here...what talent! Cristi also has a really fun and colorful Etsy shop where she sells cute recycled accessories and her beautiful prints.
Seriously, I'm madly in love with this home and Cristi's photographs that capture it so beautifully. Pretty sure if I was going to build my dream home it would look exactly like this. All week I'm going to be taking you on a tour of their entire home, so come back tomorrow to continue on! I can't wait for you guys to see more of it...I guarantee you'll love it all!
If you have any questions at all about anything you see, please don't hesitate to ask away! Cristi is a real sweetheart and is more than willing to share! :)
Continue to Day Two, Day Three, Day Four or Day Five!
Edit: Here is source info as requested!
- Front door paint color (and garage and shutters - which aren't up in the pics posted here yet): Benjamin Moore's Wythe Blue (HC-143)
- Entry color: Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage
- Sandy paint color: Benjamin Moore's Ashwood (OC-47)
- Chandelier is from laylagrayce.com
- Rugs are from 4-chairs.com
- Trim color (indoor and out) is Benjamin Moore's White Dove (OC-17)
- Shingles are real cedar shakes painted Benjamin Moore's Edgecomb Gray (HC-173) (They came natural and the builder hand-dipped each one in paint so that they would still have the "natural" look to them. )
- Exterior lights are from Hansen Lighting
- Front door was custom-designed and made locally by a company called Columbia Millworks
- Colorful reclaimed boat wood chairs are from 4-chairs.com
- Front door handle and numbers are from Home Depot
- Wallpaper is Thibaut Waterbury Trail in Aqua from the Avalon Collection
- Photos in the entry by the mirror are from DiemDesign.etsy.com
- If there are things that you don't find on the 4-chairs website, you can just click on their "contact us" link and ask Lindy directly about the specific item. She will either know where to get it or will order one for you. She's great!
Love turquoise? Visit my shopping blog Everything Turquoise...updated several times throughout the day! Check out Decor by Color for even more color-themed shopping!