Did I say this tour was going to take a super fun turn or what?! You can tell Cristi and her designer Lindy Allen of Four Chairs Furniture had a blast decorating the adorable playroom upstairs. Cristi refers to it as the "keiki" room (keiki is how you say kids in Hawaiian) because it has a Hawaii feel to it (surf board shelves, sea turtles, surf pillows, etc). Some of you eagle-eye readers might even recognize the nursery. I actually featured the little guy's room from their old house last year here. Glad to see the gorgeous turquoise crib is still taking center stage!
And the nursery bathroom! Get this...the claw foot tub actually came from the farm Cristi grew up on. Her parents used it out in the pasture to put the salt licks for the cows in. Seriously! Now it's refinished, looks gorgeous, and she will be bathing her children in it! LOVE. IT. The beautiful tile here was all done by Greg's Tile Creations...the touch of yellow is so fun!
There's not a ton of turquoise floating around in it, but I just had to include Cristi's oasis: her office/craft room. The builder Hatfield Homes outdid themselves here! I can't even imagine what a treat it would work from this room, high above the trees with all that light flowing in and the soaring ceiling! Love that black and white wallpaper (Thibaut's Blossom from Natural Resource) mixed with all the fresh greens. The colorful curtain fabric and basket liners are all way too cute!!
But wait...there's more!!! We're moving on downstairs now...you guys have to see this basement. It's a lot different than the main floor, but oh-so-fun!
Cristi and Jeff's basement is ready for a par-tay! I swear I'd give up Diet Coke for that theater room! Jeff wanted the second row of seats to be higher than the first - so you can see the screen if you're sitting in the back. But he also wanted a "stage" that was moveable so if they're having a party down there, they can just move it out of the way. Brilliant! That turquoise pool table is pretty darn brilliant too. As is the retro kitchenette! Seriously, Cristi, do you want me to move in?! I'm such a die-hard fan of Elmira Stove Works...I don't get to see their turquoise appliances nearly enough! Sooo perfect here. They are an excellent fit with the cabinets done by Benjamin Blackwelder. So fun!!!
Phew, that was a lot of photos! Believe it or not, I still have a slew left for tomorrow. The master bedroom and bathroom are straight out of magazine, so be prepared for some major drool! Once again, a HUGE thank you to homeowner Cristi and Jessi Safsten of Hiya Papaya for all these amazing images! And Cristi, thank you for being so generous with all of your sources! We truly appreciate it!
Here is source info as requested!
- Paint color in the playroom (first room) is Benjamin Moore's Spirit in the Sky
- Paint color in the yellow nursery bathroom is also Benjamin Moore's Spirit in the Sky
- Paintings on the wall in pictures 1 and 3 came from Four Chairs Furniture
- Rug in the playroom came from Four Chairs Furniture
- Photograph in pool table room is from from claireyhairey.etsy.com
- Glass door knobs are from Emtek
- Orange bedding in playroom is from Pine Cone Hill
- Tree painting in playroom is from Oopsy Daisy
- If there are things that you don't find on the 4-chairs website, you can just click on their "contact us" link and ask Lindy directly about the specific item. She will either know where to get it or will order one for you. She's great!
Love turquoise? Visit my shopping blog Everything Turquoise...updated several times throughout the day! Check out Decor by Color for even more color-themed shopping!